Thursday, January 12, 2012

Upcycle an old sweater to make boot socks!

I saw this on Pinterest and had to make them. Unfortunately for my fiance (but SO lucky for me) he had a tear in a sweater of his. Instead of throwing it out I made them into boot socks. Here are a few steps for creating your own.
So find an old sweater first... or run to a thrift store for a cheap one.
Cut off the sleeves
An extra step here, but I did a quick stitch around to
reduce the fraying.
And that's it! New boot socks!
(Sorry the pics a little dark)
An added step would be sewing them to an actual pair
of socks. I've come across a few instructions that
mention doing this.

1 comment:

  1. I sooooo love the boot socks and boot cuffs! I of course am too lets say "mature" to wear them though, so I make them for my three teen granddaughters! And thrift stores are such a score for these and I use the rest of the sweaters to make cuffs , collars and mittens! Score!!!
    Auntie Peach

    ReplyDelete