Sunday, April 29, 2012

Removing Wine Labels

No, unfortunately I don't have a new project to show... but I do have a great tip for removing those stubborn wine labels!
Tada!
It still took a little bit a work. Some labels are harder to get off than others but here's the secret.... the next time you're making dinner and using your oven, throw in a few wine bottles after you're done cooking. Let them sit in there for about 10 minutes and the labels will be peal right off... most of them anyway. I used the back off a butter knife to scratch off a few labels. \

After letting some bottles soak in my tub....
.... and still no success, this is the best method I've found so far.

*CAUTION*
Please be careful when doing this. Those bottles get hot fast! I used an oven mitt and a towel and sometimes they were still a little too warm for me to hang on to. Also make sure the bottles are completely empty of any liquid. You don't want to have it boiling up inside a bottle only to pull the bottle out of the oven and pour steaming liquid on your little toes.
And out of about 2 dozen, I did have one that just shattered on me. You should probably wear some eye protection. Luckily I heard this one cracking and set it down before it completely broke in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment