Thursday, June 2, 2011

Get your art on!

In collage I started what I called my design journal and have kept adding to it since. Mostly it started as ideas for decorating around my home. Clipping from magazines taped within a sketchpad with my scribbled notes surrounding them. But eventually it went from just furniture I liked to art pieces, color schemes, even landscaping.

Since I've come back into the art world I've noticed many artist are into Art Journals. For most it's basically their personal diary, creating art on the pages instead of words. Some of the pieces I've seen are soooo beautiful. Worthy of being framed and hung on the wall.

So I've been inspired to create a new journal. Most likely I'll make a combination of the two, design and art journal. I've always want to create and bind my own book so I'm also in the process of putting one together. I wanted to pass along some very helpful blogs and books I found if you're interested in creating a journal too.



Check in with Kelley Brown on her blog Art Journaling. Kelley has a wonderful blog that is full of information and even provides some ideas on what you could include in your art journal. She even emailed me a handout to pass along to you. http://artjournaling.blogspot.com/p/art-journal-handout.html



Look for Traci Bunkers' book The Art Journal Workshop. She has some really great tips for us beginners who are starting an Art Journal. And on Amazon you can view some of her pages too.

















If you're interested in creating your own book I found Jeannine Stein's Re-Bound: Creating Handmade Books From Recycled and Repurposed Materials which has some great ideas for book making. There are even templates included to help you!















I hope to have my journal completed soon. Unfortunately, it's taken a backseat to some other projects. :(

Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment